Approaching a year of HRT and where I am and the benefits

 A flurry of posts!!

Medication Daily - 3 pumps of Lenzetto oestrogen  and 2 pea size blobs of Testim testosterone and 2 weeks on 2 weeks off of 2 tablets Utrogestan progesterone at night.

My testosterone level test came back as optimal and to continue with the dose I was doing.

I  have been on 3 pumps of Lenzetto for about 10 days now and within 3 days the effects were already apparent. Feel more flexible, no heat at night, more hydrated and I have just started to think my skin feels really soft again. Bloody amazing.  Absolutely no sign so far of the Histamine Intolerance starting again, which has crossed my mind may happen with the dose increase.

I am still having regular periods. I am not in menopause....

I still talk about this to anyone that will listen. Lady or man (yes I mention it on business lunches) with the men it has never been received badly in fact they are super interested and ask lots of questions to pass on to their wives. It affects everybody!  Obviously, the audience has to be a certain demographic! I am to be made the Menopause Champion at work and be named in the handbook. I am proud to be approaching 50 and talking about it.

Yes menopause is natural. But, the age we get it is exactly the same as when the average life expectancy was 49 years of age. We had menopause and died. We now live for at least another 30 years without those hormones.  Glasses aren't natural, but I don't know anyone who walks around blind with headaches refusing to wear them. 

It is still mainly from some woman that I hit resistance. I am watching my friends lose their lust for life, get anxiety, lose sleep, feel exhausted and they still wont accept this can all be taken away by topping up the levels of their hormones. It breaks my heart, but I cant force them and in fairness some have seen doctors and they have said no you are too young, you are not in menopause yet, it causes breast cancer (WTAF), some have tried for a day and decided not get past the initial issues. I can understand that they think their GP knows more, but evidence suggests they sadly do not. It is a fight, but one worth picking.

Ultimately it is their choice and thank goodness we have one!  It isn't for everyone.  But whatever 'holistic' route you go down to relieve the symptoms if you even have any?  (my mum swears she had nothing, I would beg to differ...) You wont obtain the physical benefits of HRT.  At the moment, medical evidence is strongly in favour of the of body identical HRT to prevent osteoporosis, heart disease, stroke, Alzheimer's and your immune system in general.

It has been two years since the start of Covid. Is it a coincidence that I haven't had it yet? (famous last words LOL)

I feel 100% me and in control. I am 50 in 1 months time.  Bring it on!!!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Testosterone on the NHS & Newson Health Catch up

HRT Diary - Month 6 - Somewhere.... Problems