Newson Health Catch Up Appointment

 So while it is all fresh in my mind.....

I explained that I had huge success with the Lenzetto and the changes I'd had. She was absolutely amazed that I had so much benefit from just one pump of Lenzetto a day.  I must absorb well.

Then mentioned that my memory was deteriorating again. Where she said that I should go on testosterone. Testosterone is very much for memory, motivation etc.  and Louise Newson is starting to prescribe this more and ore from the first appointment.  I wouldn't say I am reluctant to go on testosterone. But, as its tricky to get on the NHS as despite being one of our hormones... its not licensed for women in the UK. I know its either going to cost me money or be a bit of hassle. Apparently, we can use the one for men on the NHS and just use half the dose, but the GP would need to be on board with it. Once you go on it, its not immediate like the Oestrogen but takes approx. 6 weeks to see an improvement.

I mentioned that it had improved a little initially and I wasn't forgetting words anymore. So we have decided as I had some improvement to up the dose of Oestrogen and see if this works before I try the testosterone.  This may well be enough for the time being. I had been thinking of this, but was concerned that I may mess everything else up. She said this was very unlikely and in fact I could even use 3 squirts near my period if I needed.

I mentioned that I was trying to stay on the minimum as I didn't want 'no where to go' when I finally hit menopause. She said it didn't work like that and I probably wouldn't even notice a difference when I actually went through menopause as I'm already topping up now. :-)

Lovely lady.  So two squirts it is!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Approaching a year of HRT and where I am and the benefits

Testosterone on the NHS & Newson Health Catch up

HRT Diary - Month 6 - Somewhere.... Problems