The Reasons - Sympton 2 - Hair Loss

 I wont say this is a reason for having HRT but was definitely a cause for concern. I think I've probably lost 30-40% of my hair in the last 2 years. Don't get me wrong, I had a lot to start with.  I hardly look bald, thankfully!! But, having had a huge mane of curly hair for years and being known for it. I've just had it cut short. Not because it looked particularly bad. But it felt it, to me. Ultimately, that is what matters.  

I know people are trying to be nice but when I have told people - apart from my hairdresser who knows it well. I have felt quite dismissed by them for my trivial worries. 'it doesn't look any different' 'It looks fine' 'You still have loads of hair' I actually found quite upsetting that everyone was dismissing my claims. I felt like they were saying I was over reacting or making it up.

For the last two autumns its shed so badly. This last Autumn when it was very obvious you could see my scalp, my hairline had changed slightly on one side. But the main thing was when Id put it in a pony tail. With a normal hair band I would be lucky to get a band 3 times around and would mainly do it twice. I could now do 4 times. When my hairdresser was cutting it they used to have to cut the sides in 3 or 4 sections down my head, they could do it 1 or 2. My hairdresser was concerned.

My vacuum was at the point of leaving home! I have a little robot and a few months ago it couldnt run for more then 30 minutes without stopping, me having to detangle and cut all my hair from the mechanisim and set it off again.

Do I think HRT will make it grow back. Apparently, not. But if it could stop anymore I would be grateful. Its interesting that the other person I know this has happened to is someone who also had a lot of hair to start with. Maybe our hormones blessed us with luscious locks and its now returning to mere normality?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Approaching a year of HRT and where I am and the benefits

Testosterone on the NHS & Newson Health Catch up

HRT Diary - Month 6 - Somewhere.... Problems